The Decree No. 70 of August 1993 that established the Board empowers it to conduct research into areas relevant to the Board’s examinations and operations. The Board, through its virile Department of Monitoring, Research and Statistics has conducted researches in the following areas:
- Predictive Validity Studies of the 1993 National Common Entrance Examination into Federal Technical Colleges in Nigeria as an indicator of candidates performance in the 1997 Mid-Year NTC/NBC Examinations.
- Evaluation of the performance of National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) in the achievement of its objectives (Longitudinal study).
- Ways of enhancing the Marking of National Business and Technical Certificate Examinations in Nigeria: The NABTEB experience.
- Forecasting candidates’ enrolment for NABTEB Examinations for the year 2001 to 2003.
- English Language as a determinant of candidates’ performance in shorthand in the NTC/NBC Examinations.
- The enrolment pattern and academic performance of female students in science subjects in secondary schools in Nigeria: A case study of schools in Benin City.